Our skin is the largest organ of our body and taking good care of it will benefit our health. Everything that is in contact with our skin can be absorbed; nightwear and lingerie is no exception. Traditional cotton is treated with pesticides and synthetic toxins that have been demonstrated to have a direct impact on our health. Toxic chemicals on our clothes have been associated with problems in women’s hormonal health and even with increasing the likelihood of developing breast cancer. Sounds pretty scary, right?
Because we care about your health, we only use certified organic cotton and materials free from toxic chemicals. At AmaElla every material has been tested for harmful substances by independent organizations such as GOTS and OEKO-TEX.
Our GOTS organic cotton used in nightwear and lingerie is free from:
- Formaldehyde: one of the most carcinogenic chemicals and related to skin reactions. Besides its health risks, it’s widely used to prevent clothes from wrinkling and shrinking.
- Aromatic solvents
- Functional nanoparticles
- Genetically modified organism (GMO)
- Chlorine bleaching
All chemical inputs in GOTS organic cotton (e.g. dyes, auxiliaries and process chemicals) are biodegradable, so they are safe for your skin and the environment.
Our OEKO-TEX Standard 100 components are free from:
- Several hundred of harmful chemicals including pesticides, carcinogenic colourants and heavy metals
- Legally banned and controlled substances (such as banned Azo colourants, formaldehyde, pentachlorophenol, cadmium, nickel, etc.)
- Any unwanted remaining substances. These substances usually come from chemicals used for fabric easy-care properties such as colour longevity, easy iron finishing, dimension stability, etc.